To enrol in our program
- Apply to become a student at VIU Apply Now
- Provide a High School transcript that is 5 years old or less to determine pre-requisites.
- Write an assessment to determine the course that is right for you.
To book an assessment
Contact Adult Basic Education (ABE) by email at:
Contact ABE at:
- Nanaimo Campus at 250.740.6425
- Parksville/Qualicum Centre at 250.740.6425
- Cowichan Campus at 250.746.3527
- tiwšɛmawtxʷ Campus at 250.740.6425
Prepare for your assessment before you write it.
Please note that the maximum time allowed for an assessment session is two hours. We strongly recommend that students do not attempt to do more than one assessment in a single two-hour session.
Have goals? Overwhelmed? Don’t know where to start?
Our ACP Student Success and Transition Advisors are here for you! Contact them directly or call and make an appointment:
- Nanaimo: 250.740.6425
- Duncan: 250.746.3500
- Parksville/Qualicum: 250.740.6425
- Powell River: 250.740.6425
We can help you get started and guide you through our intake process.
VIU welcomes applications from Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
As a post-secondary institution committed to serving adult learners, to enrol you must be:
- a high school graduate
- minimum 17 years of age and out of school a minimum of one year
- enrolled in a VIU academic or trades/vocational program